Jim Sigel Automotive – Celebrating 50 Years!
From 1968 through 2018, a history of Jim Sigel:
- 1968 Jim “J.J.” Sigel and his partner Ron Tonkin purchased Kelt Chevrolet and J.J. and his family moved to Grants Pass, starting Sigel-Tonkin Chevrolet.
- 1971 with the heavy encouragement of Ron, J.J. added Honda to the lineup at the Dealership.
- 1975 J.J. bought out his partner and the business was renamed Jim Sigel Chevrolet – Honda.
- 1977 Jim Sigel Chevrolet – Honda opened at our current location 1601 NE 7th St.
- 1989 J.J. purchased Auto Martin Ltd., acquiring Volvo, Mercedes and Nissan, renaming it Jim Sigel Import Auto Center.
- 1989 Geo was introduced by GM as a subdivision of Chevrolet.
- 1993 the Import Store was closed and Mercedes was sold. Nissan and Volvo were moved to our 7th St. location. This created nameplates at one location; Chevrolet, Honda, Nissan, Geo and Volvo.
- 1997 Geo was discontinued by GM.
- 2003 Volvo was sold, leaving the three lines; Chevrolet, Honda and Nissan.